You’ll probably hear a lot of people recommend that you get involved. The questions are: Why and how? Here are five reasons to get involved:
- You can make friends – Getting involved is one of the best ways to make friends.
- Expand your network – By getting involved, you can make connections that might help you land exclusive opportunities, jobs, or internships.
- Enhance your resume – Combining strong academics with a track record of university involvement and leadership experience can help you stand out when applying for jobs, internships, or graduate school.
- Enrich your ASU experience – By getting involved, you can have fun, experience personal growth and development, and gain memories that will last long after you graduate.
- It’s the Sun Devil Way.
Three Tips for Getting Involved
- Try several of the opportunities to get involved to find ones that suit you best.
- Don’t overdo it. Rather than join 10 student clubs, consider starting with one or two. This will enable you to enjoy the benefits of being involved without getting too overwhelmed. Remember, classes come first.
- Manage your time wisely. Use a planner or organizing app so that you can keep track of all your commitments.
Join a Group
Fraternity & Sorority Life
Become a Leader
Programming and Activities Board
Student Alumni Association
MU Advisory Board
Residence Hall Association
Fun Things to Do